The renter and all drivers must have a valid original driver's license which needs to be presented at time of the rental. All drivers with a non-Indonesian driver's license must produce a valid Passport or a valid government-issued ID card as a secondary form of ID at the time of pickup.
Driver's license printed with non Roman Alphabet (Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Cyrillic etc) must be complemented by an international driver's license. For driver's licenses from countries not part of the international driver's license treaty, an official translation of the license must be presented with the original license.
Certain regulations apply related to minimum age and possession of driver's license which can be found during the booking process depending on the booked vehicle. The minimum age to rent a vehicle in most locations is 18 and the driver must have a valid driver's license for one year.
Rentmybike/Rentmycar reserves the right to decline a rental where the operation of a specific vehicle requires additional permitting, documentation, or other qualifications in addition to a valid driver's license. Rentmybike/Rentmycar also reserves the right to decline a rental where the renter's driver's license restricts the operation of the requested rental vehicle.
We accept all major credit cards including American Express, Diners Club, Eurocard/MasterCard, Discover, Visa. The renter must be the owner of the presented means of payment which must be presented at the start of the rental. A valid credit card must provide available credit.
Debit cards are accepted for local renters. Debit cards with available funds may be accepted at select locations at Rentmybike/Rentmycar’s sole discretion with two forms of government-issued ID. Local Renters with a debit card may need additional documentation. Non-local renters with a debit card can also rent. Debit card rentals are not allowed for long term rentals (defined as 28 days or longer).
The amount that will be authorized includes the rental price as well as all additional charges and extras.
In general, an authorization of a minimum of IDR 100.000,- plus the amount due for the rental will be taken as an authorization against the Credit Card for security purposes. The authorization will be higher for specialty vehicles.
For Debit Cards a deposit of IDR 100.000,- plus the cost of the rental will be taken as a deposit from the Debit Card. These funds will not be available to you during the rental.
The rental location may also perform a credit check or require additional qualifications in accordance with local policy to determine the whether the renter qualifies for a rental on a higher-end vehicle. The customer must meet the minimum criteria as determined by that location to qualify for a rental.
Prepaid Reservation Policies
By booking a prepaid rate, the payment will be charged before the start of rental with the estimated total amount of the rental (rental charge plus any other agreed charges and taxes for the full agreed rental period). The driver and confirmed method of payment shall be finalised at the time of reservation and cannot be changed.The confirmed method of payment has to be valid and available for presentation at the time of pick up and is subject to the conditions of payment above. All extra costs that occur during the car rental will be charged to this payment method. A refund shall not be issued for non-collection, vehicle being collected late or returned early.
A prepaid booking can be changed up to 48 hours before the start of the rental (depending on availability). An alteration fee of IDR 100.000,- applies. Any payment already made towards the rental will not be refunded; nor shall any differential amount be refunded if this alteration leads to a lesser rental cost. Any changes made to a prepaid reservation may impact the rental rate.
A prepaid booking can be cancelled before the start of the rental. In the event of a cancellation, any refund of the payment made towards the rental is subject to a cancellation fee. For reservations with a rental period lasting no more than three days, the total prepaid amount is non-refundable. For reservations with a rental period lasting more than three days: The first three days are non-refundable, the remaining days will be refunded. Cancellations can be made online or in writing.
In the event that the booked vehicle is not collected or not collected at the agreed time, the rental charge already paid shall be withheld in full.
Supplemental Liability Insurance
Liability coverage is limited to the minimum financial responsibility required by Indonesian law.
Rentmybike/Rentmycar does not cover all risks. There may be exclusions for unauthorized or intoxicated drivers, no first party uninsured motorist coverage, no coverage for certain passengers in the vehicle, and other exclusions.
Partial Damage Waiver
The customer will be held liable for any damage or loss exceeding the amount of IDR 500.000,-.
Extended Roadside Protection (BC)
Rentmybike/Rentmycar will provide any renter who has purchased the optional Extended Roadside Protection coverage with 24/7 breakdown assistance (where available) without any additional charge. It protects the renter at home and abroad against high service and repair costs for the following incidents:
1) Key lockout service: If a renter experiences locking of the keys or key fob inside the vehicle during their rental period, Rentmybike/Rentmycar will cover the cost of a lockout service, by either the vehicle manufacturer or a 3rd party service provider, cost of delivering a new vehicle or towing of the vehicle to the nearest Rentmybike/Rentmycar location.
2) Lost key or key fob: If a renter experiences a lost or misplaced key or key fob during their rental period, Rentmybike/Rentmycar will cover the cost of replacing the key or key fob, cost of delivering a new set of keys (if available), towing of the vehicle to the nearest Rentmybike/Rentmycar location and for a replacement vehicle.
3) Flat tire service: If a renter experiences a flat tire during their rental period due to a puncture, Rentmybike/Rentmycar will cover the cost of repairing or replacing the tire, cost of delivering a new vehicle, towing of the vehicle to the nearest Rentmybike/Rentmycar location.
4) Dead Battery: If a renter experiences a situation during their rental period, Rentmybike/Rentmycar will cover the cost of jumpstart service, by either the vehicle manufacturer or a 3rd party service provider, cost of delivering a new vehicle or towing of the vehicle to the nearest Rentmybike/Rentmycar location.
5) Towing: If a renter experiences a mechanical failure of the vehicle during their rental period, Rentmybike/Rentmycar will cover the cost of towing, by either the vehicle manufacturer or a 3rd party service provider, cost of delivering a new vehicle or towing of the vehicle to the nearest Rentmybike/Rentmycar location. Damages caused by collision will not be covered, please see Loss Damage Waiver.
6) Breakdown caused by empty fuel tank: If a renter experiences a breakdown due to running out of fuel, Rentmybike/Rentmycar will cover the costs for breakdown assistance and fuel required to continue your trip.
When deciding whether to purchase Extended Roadside Protection, it is recommended renters check whether they have this coverage available through your personal auto insurance carrier or through a 3rd party carrier. The Extended Roadside Protection is not an insurance.
All services may only be ordered by a direct claim with Rentmybike/Rentmycar 24-hour Roadside Protection. Rentmybike/Rentmycar will determine the type and extent of service required to ensure the renter stays mobile. If any damage to the rental vehicle occurs which is not covered by Rentmybike/Rentmycar within the scope of the Extended Roadside Protection, the renter is liable for such damage.
Territorial Restrictions & Rentals Across State Lines
In general the rental vehicle may only be used in Java, Lombok & Bali.
Renters using the rental vehicle in violation of the applicable territorial restrictions will be charged a fee of IDR 15.000,- for each kilometer the vehicle has been driven during the rental.
Usually all one-way rentals within Rentmybike/Rentmycar locations are allowed. Additional fees may apply.
International one-way rentals are not allowed.
Navigation systems (portable or built-in) can definitely be added.
A fee applies for the additional driver, whose details are noted in the rental agreement only if the additional driver presents a valid driver's license.
Baby and Booster Seats
You can get baby seats, child seats and booster seats for children from 0 to 36 kg at the Rentmybike/Rentmycar station guaranteed.
The Vehicle must be returned with at least the same amount of fuel as when rented. If desired, the vehicle will be refuled according to currently available conditions after returning it to the station. You have a choice on how you want to pay for fuel:
(1) You may purchase a whole tank of fuel before or at the time of rental at a price that is competitive with local fuel stations and return the tank empty. No refunds will be given for unused fuel.
(2) You can fill the tank yourself prior to returning the Vehicle.
- If you drive a total of 50 Kilometers or less you must provide a gas receipt at check in. If you do not, you will pay us a fueling convenience fee of IDR 100.000,- despite the indication of a full tank.
- If you drive a total of more than 50 Kilometers and the Vehicle is returned with less fuel than when rented, you will pay us for the fuel used per liter.
Delivery and Collection
Deliveries and collections are available at the local rental station subject to a fee.
(Delivery = DL
Collection = CO)
Other Charges and Taxes
All prices are net prices. Local taxes apply to all rentals.
Local renters are defined as renters who pick up a rental vehicle in the area of their residence as identified by the address on their driver's license.
- Valid Driver’s License from your country or state of permanent residence is mandatory, in combination with an International license.
- We accept all major credit cards such as Master Card, Visa, American Express and Paypal for payments on our website.
- If you decide to leave your bike behind at your accommodation for pick-up without you being present take 5 pictures of the bike: front side, left side, right side, back of the bike and the fuel indicator. Always leave the keys with the receptionist / duty manager and inform us which of the hotel staff has accepted your keys. NOTE: it is under no circumstance allowed to leave the bike behind at the airport or any other area where there is no supervision.
- Damage excess/own risk fee of IDR 1.000.000,- will be reserved/authorized on your credit card on collection of a motorcycle/scooter and a deposit will be added for your rented accessories. We may ask you to present your credit card used for the online booking and your passport for verification purposes at the time of the hand-over.
- If any of our (used) accessoires are stolen, lost or damaged the Indonesian new retail value will be charged on your creditcard, plus an additional handling fee of $10. Retail values are:
- Helmet: $ 35
- Medical Kit: $ 35
- Pocket Wifi: $ 50
- STNK $ 80
Please note: The bikes are delivered with the original registration and tax papers (STNK) in the key holder. If you lose these, we have to charge you $ 80. This is unfortunately very high, but our bike will be out of service for more than a week and we have to pay the government around $ 40 for the new STNK. You have to keep this document with you at all times while using the motorbike. We provide you with this document so the Bali "police" can’t bribe you out of any money during roadblocks.
- Your signature on the rental agreement page shall constitute authority for us to debit the final total charges against your account and your specific card-issuing organization.
- Rental rates are calculated on the 24 hour clock.
- Motorcycles must be returned on time, this is the condition of the hire. Late return may result in extra hiring costs, so please keep to the agreed return time or notify us 48 hours prior if you wish to extend your rent. If you want to extend your rental period the easiest way to do this is to make a new booking online and inform us by a simple phonecall or e-mail.
- You must notify Rentmybike.id staff if you become aware of a fault or if the motorcycle becomes not roadworthy for any reason. We will immediately replace your bike.
- Occasionally due to unforeseen circumstances a chosen motorcycle might not be available. In that case we will offer a similar or upgraded motorcycle at no extra cost.
- All bikes must be locked when not in use.
- In the event of an accident, full damage deposit will be taken from the authorized credit card and held by Rentmybike.id until repair estimates are received. Where an accident occurs after which our motorcycle is deemed to be not roadworthy and which is the fault of the client, the rental contract is immediately terminated with no refund. Clients will be notified by email or phone of cost of repairs and any refund due will be refunded immediately.
- We provide our Bikes to our renters in good faith. In return we request that they will treat them with the respect that they deserve for that reason there is an own risk term of IDR 1.000.000,- for any claim on the insurance policy.
- Getting travel insurance which covers any potential disadvantages during your holiday including illness, injury, death, 3th party damage and cancellations is highly advisable.
- We are not liable to damage, loss, injury, and death sustained by the hirers riding the motorbikes or there pillion riders and other people involved in accidents.
- All clients are strongly recommended to obtain appropriate travel and medical insurances.
- Clients are responsible to ensure that every member of their group has proper travel document as regulated by the government of the Republic of Indonesia.
- We are not liable to refund any losses caused by improper documentation and any other travel related problem including but not limited to cancelled or delayed flights.
- We will not entertain any complaints raised after client’s departure.
- We are not liable for failure to perform our obligation caused by issues beyond its reasonable control including but not limited to act of God, power failure, fire, flood, epidemic disease, war, riot, and terrorism.
- We are not liable to any illegal conduct or actions against the law of the Republic of Indonesia.
- All prices stated on the www.Rentmybike.id website are in IDR and can be charged in both IDR and USD.